Pitlochry vacations are now becoming increasingly popular not only with those who live in the UK, but also with tourists from around the world. Not only does this area of Scotland offer some really stunning scenery but also there are plenty of other things that one can do while staying here.
In this article, we take a look at some of the attractions that you may want to consider visiting during a stay in Pitlochry. Surely, you may find that you need to stay more than a few days in order to enjoy everything that this town and the surrounding area have to offer.
1. Pitlochry Dam – This was built because a power station was needed to provide electricity to the area. When it was built, a new loch was also created and because of this, they had to build a salmon ladder, which allowed the salmon to get upstream, where they would breed.
During your visit to the dam, you are able to see a portion of the ladder that has been enclosed in glass to view just how the salmon make their annual journey to their breeding grounds. This actual exhibition is open from Easter until the last Sunday of October from 10.00 to 17.30 each day.
2. Eradour Distillery – This is the smallest of all Scotland's distilleries and upon your visit will be provided with a wee dram (small glass) of the whiskey that they produce. Tours of the distillery take place regular through the year, but during the winter months (November through to February) there opening hours are different from those in the summer.
3. Killiecrankie Visitor Center – This is to be found outside Pitlochry on the A9 and it is here where you can learn about the Jacobite Rebellion that took place in 1689. It was this rebellion, which was harvested to gain independence for Scotland from England. However, the leader of the rebellion a gentleman called John Graham was killed at the battle, which occurred at Killiecrankie, and this rebellion was defeated by the English troops.
4. Loch Rannoch – This is one of the largest and longest lochs in Scotland and is a short drive away from Pitlochry. This loch is in fact famous as it is actually included in Robert Louis Stevenson's book Kidnapped because he was so impressed with the loch's setting.
Along with the attractions, we have mentioned above when it comes to Pitlochry vacations you will find that there are plenty of other things one can do. Why not spend some time exploring the surrounding countryside. Alternately, if you are feeling a little more adventurous then why not try some water sports which can be found at many of the surrounding lochs.
There are lots of hotels and guest houses in Pitlochry to make your stay a pleasant one. You can then relax and take in the joys of this beautiful part of Scotland.
Best Man Wedding Speech
Trust me, many calm and collected people who are great at public speaking, get nervous when they are asked to speak at their friends wedding. As the spokes person for the guests of honor, there are many expectations placed on you. So, how do you write a best man wedding speech?
Well, if you are here, then you have been requested to make the best man wedding speech for the wedding day. This is not just any day, but THE day that these two special people (including all their family and friends) will look back on for years to come. After all, when you have been deemed the Best Man, this wedding speech is even more crucial. This means that you know the groom best, and will toast the newlyweds as well at their wedding.
If that is not enough, you are also one of the main coordinators for the wedding reception. You will help organize the details for the wedding and reception to make sure that everything runs smoothly. You are also expected to look after the groom (make sure his breath smells fresh and that he is not drinking excessively). Also as a host you must ensure that guests are having a good time. This means removing any stress or dealing with people that might interrupt the wedding reception. Lastly, there are other people running around with a list of responsibilities. You need to make sure these people are on top of things while enjoying themselves.
So when are you allowed to you have a good time?
I have a feeling that you are beginning to understand why many best man candidates can not handle the tasks required. I am sure that you are flattered to be given the honor as best man to prepare the best man wedding toast, but many find it hard to juggle the direction under all this stress and responsibility.
How to Write a Best Man Wedding Toast
Writing your wedding speech is not what is time consuming. It is making sure everything blends together. Your best man wedding toast will need a theme and the necessary personal, witty, emotional, and meaningful ideas, jokes, and one-liners that make a wedding speech memorable for all the right reasons.
Even for those that are used to writing and delivering speeches alone, this can still be a challenge – and for those not accustomed to public speech etiquette (more so writing the perfectly balanced wedding speech for the big day), just the thought of standing in front of hundreds of strangers with all the focus on your every word is enough to make anyone’s creative juices come to a grinding halt.
Luckily, there is an easier way in the form of an extremely well written and simple to read book by author Tom Haibeck, professional speech-writer.
This book is considered the Bible of Wedding Toasts in the wedding realm. Regis Philbin referred to this book when toasting his daughters wedding and it will help you too. I have checked it out, and this book lays out you need to know about being an incomparable Best Man. This means more than just how to write and deliver the best man wedding speech, but also gives you insight into possible themes, wedding toasts 101, the correct use of humor, how to eliminate your fear of public speaking, how to hold their attention… all this, as well as TONS of written speeches and wedding speech templates.
Would not you like to get the job done quickly and efficiently?
Get Wedding Speech Samples
The main attraction of this package is, of course, the handwritten exquisitely crafted, witty professional wedding speeches (did I mention that there is are easy to use, step-by-step templates, a checklist, and Tom’s top 10 Do’s and Don’ts).
That is not it, there are also tasteful jokes and famous quotes that will help you personalize your best man wedding toast without sounding insincere. That is the difference between this book and all the other canned speeches that I have seen. This one will not make you look fake. Trust me, as a wedding professional I have heard many terribly delivered toasts and few had the natural well versed touch that the bride and groom deserve.
Best Man Wedding Speeches is it Worth It?
Altogether, this is a pretty impressive package. Toms got all the bases covered here, an intense variety of useful info on every single aspect of being a Best Man, from the speech-writing and delivery itself to handling problematic guests to wedding etiquette.
In short: literally everything you will ever need to pull off your responsibilities as Best Man with style and panache are included here.
But do not just take my word for it, feel free to check it out for yourself (and have a look at a couple of those testimonials while you are there, if they do not convince you, then nothing will!)
The verdict? Two thumbs up for Tom Haibeck’s Best Man Speeches; it really is the Best Mans ultimate resource!
If you have a web site, what could be your concentration so that your web site will become popular in the Internet? Search engine optimization should be your main focus. It could help you get the traffic that you wanted so that you would be able to make big bucks on your web site. If you are "searchable" then you are in for this business. All you have to do is maintain that one and you would just see how your web site becomes successful.
Here are some tips so that you could be a step forward to successful search engine optimization.
1. You can submit your web site to search engines manually. But then there are some considerations that you need. Your web site's pages should be completely finished since search engines will not pay any attention for unfinished web sites. You should not also be a spammer meaning you should not be using keywords on your web site just for the sake of having them. Use keywords appropriately.
2. Web spiders are also looking for keywords so they can rank your web site. You need to target the keywords you want and make sure that you have them on your content. They should be used appropriately since over usage of keywords would drive away web spiders.
3. Make sure that you have other links to and from your site. The more links to your site, the better. You would be able to get a lot of targeted traffic if your web site is accessible to these visitors. You can exchange links with other sites but preferably exchange links with sites that have already established traffic.
4. You can also add in a forum on your site. If you have an area where where visitors can actually interact, time will come that more and more people would want to be involved in the discussion. Of course, this traffic is what you need to be on the top page rank.